It seems like one of the most common things moms struggle with is energy. Often times, it can be lack of sleep that contributes to low energy, but that’s not the only thing impacting energy.
You can’t always sleep more hours, so impacting the quality of your sleep is necessary in order to increase your energy. Here are some ways to impact the quality of your sleep:
- Stay hydrated – drink plenty of water
- Avoid certain foods – foods that are processed, high in sugar and fried can add to low energy, and poor sleep
- Avoid energy drinks and those high in sugar
- Do eat lean protein
- Do eat healthy carbs – oats, rice, quinoa, fruits and veggies
- Avoid stress – if you feel overwhelmed, do what you can to eliminate that stress before bed, so it does not impact your sleep
- Exercise – if nothing else, walk at least 30 minutes a day
Listen to today’s episode to lean more.